Tuesday, August 9, 2011

First Day of School.


Today I found a great resource for “just in time” learning of Google Apps.  
Google Apps Learning Center - Your First Days

“Just in time” refers to learning as much as you need to “just in time” to do what you need to.   If you think you can sit down and learn everything about our Google Apps in order to go back to your office fully prepared for the semester, I’d like to know how you do it.   My brain functions under the philosophy, figure out what I need to know now.   If I use it a lot, I will start to remember it.  (I think it’s kind of how most of us function.)

So I hope you check it out.   There are many short videos to watch on separate topics.   You can sort through the videos by App, such as gmail, Calendar, Contacts, chat, Docs, and Sites.   If you haven’t used Google Docs I’d urge you to explore it.   You can create documents and share them with colleagues or within department.  They are always online, more than one person can edit a document at once (this saves you from worrying about who has the latest version of a document), and you can see the entire revision history of the document and revert back to an earlier version.