Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Instructional Tuesday - Daily Experts

An instructional tool called Daily Experts utilizes students in your class as experts for a day.  These experts are used to review content from the previous class session, ask opinions about content, and give students a chance to share their relevant experiences.

Read about one instructors experience and success in using Daily Experts:

"I get to know my students' names and I am more likely to remember them outside of class as well. Indirectly, my use of daily experts encourages class attendance. Students want to be there when their name appears on the PowerPoint. They don't want to hear from their classmates, "You missed being a daily expert today" or have me say, "I missed you in class today; you were one of my daily experts." I also benefit because using daily experts forces me to teach in another way—a way that gets me focused on individuals. "
 
http://www.magnapubs.com/blog/teaching-and-learning/daily-experts-a-technique-to-encourage-student-participation/?track=email&utm_source=cheetah&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Mar%2026%20TP%20Content%20Based